DIY Christmas Home Decor

 DIY Christmas Home Decor | Dining Room + Free Printable




Hi everyone, We're sharing a small view of my dining room decor. I wanted quick and easy, no fancy painting techniques on any DIY project because I was behind in my Christmas decorating. This is a beautiful chest of drawers, it was our grandmother's and I wanted the chest to be a focal point in my dining room.




The candle holders, O Holy Night Frame Printable (Free Printable Below), wood stars and glass dome are all projects done very simply and quickly.




The wood stars were painted with brown chalk paint and then dry brushed with a bit of white chalk paint, when dry, it was stamped with white ink.




MDF Tree painted with Dark Brown Chalk paint, then white chalk paint, leaving some brown paint showing, no sandpaper.





The Holy Night Printable was created in 10 minutes. Downloaded a sheet of music and then added the text. Print and Finished! I glued it on a sheet of black Cardstock and then put it in a lovely gold frame that my sister, Nicki, gave me in the summer.








As for my Candle Holders, I bought two simple wooden candle holders, then I painted them with Ivory and brown chalk paint and rubbed gold powder around the edges. I glued metal lids on top of my candle holders, then I glued the pine branches around the lids. For the candles, I wrapped decoupage paper around the candle ( I didn't glue it) and lastly I tied some twine around the candles.




Here is a little Video showing how easy it is to make the Pine Branch Candle Holders. You can see it here or on our YouTube Channel






 Thank you!





Comments

Popular Posts